The fact is that humans are the major contributor of air pollution. Air pollutants, either inside the house or outside the house, are hazardous to living organisms’ health. The effects of air pollution, to mention few that I know, can cause respiratory diseases. It can even produce irritation of eyes and throat that you’ll cough several times. Now, it is vital that everyone should help contribute to prevent air pollution. There are assured ways that one can reduce the production of air pollutants. These are 7 ways to prevent air pollution:
- First thing we can do is minimize the usage of fuel and electricity inside the home. That way, we can contribute not only minimizing air pollution but also saving energy. Good things start at home, right?
- Automobile Care. Drive the car at an average speed and turning it off in traffic are tools for saving fuel.
- If possible, use public transportation. That way, you can contribute to public income and helps prevent air pollution. Walk or just ride a bike.
- Fill gas tank during cooler hours to cut down evaporation.
- Plant trees. Trees can absorb carbon dioxide in the air.
- Do not smoke. Remember that smoking can cause respiratory tract infections.
- Do not burn trash. When trashes are burned, they produce smoke and release toxic gases.
Social awareness about air pollution is a very important step for preventing air pollution. Simple changes can make a huge difference in the amount of air pollution we are exposed to.